Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update

Hello everyone,

Sorry for being silent for so long. Life is incredibly busy.

Mom has moved in with Sonya and I. She stays with us Sunday evening through Friday afternoons. On the weekends, she goes back to Orange and stays with either Johnny or Sheryl.

Sonya takes mom to outpatient therapy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She receives Speech, Occupational and Physical therapy each day.

Mom can not be left alone so Sonya takes care of her during the day. When I get home from work, I take over. Sonya is incredible and I know mom is doing so well because of her constant care.

Mom is making improvements. We have seen them ourselves. But I must warn you, it is still going to be a long road.

Several of the therapists say Mom will never be the same. It may take more than a year or two for her to be close to who she was again.

We are very uncertain about the future. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment